Born in Coventry I came to Cornwall to start my first Teaching Post in Fowey School in 1981 at the age of Twenty one. I now live between Truro and Redruth with my husband and retired from teaching in September 2018.
I took up painting in 2006 after attending an evening class in life drawing. Other than that, my training is limited to an 'A' level in Art gained at school. I have been painting ever since and moved from my small garden studio in June 2020 after Lockdown restrictions were lifted, to my spacious two -roomed Open Studio near Portreath.
I believe I was given a God given talent and I have a duty to use it and share it with others to give them pleasure. The scenery on my doorstep never fails to inspire and my appreciation of everything alive and vibrant has to be captured in my Art. I love people and places that move my heart. Simple! That's it in a nutshell.
I use Oils on canvas, paper and board using palette knife and brush. As a legacy from my hectic teaching life, I work from photos taken on walks and cycle rides. I do however have two styles where 'The Eden Series' reflects my imagination and influence of the incredible Eden Project.
I am able to offer Lessons for beginners and Mentoring for Intermediate level. I am a retired Secondary School Teacher with teaching experience spanning forty years. I believe a desire to paint is all you need; leave the Teaching to me!
If you are interested in any of my work or would like to discuss a commission, please do contact me. You are welcome to visit the Studio or request a private appointment. For opening times please check this website and Facebook as they change with seasons and of course Covid. If passing and the gates are open, just come in for a chat, ( I am likely to be painting). I am happy to discuss commissions with you if you prefer a really special treat for yourself or anyone else.
Past Exhibitions and Events
- Tregenna Castle Hotel, St Ives Cornwall - March 2009
- The Lane Gallery Truro, Cornwall - May 2009-April 2010
- The River Street Cafe,Truro Museum - May - June 2010
- Trelawney Entrance, Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro - July-September 2010
- The Link Corridor Royal Cornwall Hospital - April-June 2011
- The National Trust Shop, Truro - May-July 2011
- Epiphany House, Cornwall - November 2012
- The Square Gallery, St Mawes, Cornwall 2013
- Blackwater Village Hall, Cornwall 2018
- Coast Cornwall Canvas, Roskilly’s St Kevrne, Cornwall - April 2019
- Open Studios Cornwall 2019
- 15 New Bond Street, Bath - July 1st - July 28th 2019
By appointment only