The SWA 2019 Open Exhibition
10am - 5pm
The SWA 2019 open exhibition will take place in September this year from the 24th to the 29th.
Digital submission are open from the 28th February and will close at noon on the 20th of June.
Successfully selected works need to be delivered to the Mall, along with a print out of your online submission form on an A4 sheet on the 27th of July. Please do not use staples or tape on this form because it must be photocopied during processing. N.B Works that are digitally pre-selected are not automatically accepted for the exhibition
Submitting digitally enables artists to submit works for initial consideration without transport and framing costs. If you do not want to submit digitally you can take or send the work on receiving days (Not Sculpture). This is on the 27th of July. You will need the entry schedule if you are not going through digital selection. ONLY use the blank entry schedule if you are not going through digital selection.
Works delivered for selection must be exhibition ready, but with no fixings at all to the back because fixings damage other works when stacked. Details are available to you in our information and general terms on SWA website. Please do read them prior to entering.
ALL 3D Artwork
For 3D and Sculptural work it is single stage digital submission/selection process only. Artists must go on line for results to the digital selection and for final selection results. If successful you will be contacted about timings for bringing work in.
Submission Fees for non-members is normally £15 per work payable at the time of registering online, or £8 per work for artists aged 35 or under.
A list of successfully selected work is put up on the SWA website on the 30th July Any work not selected must be picked up on the 1st of August.
Open Exhibition Dates
- Online Submissions 28th February – 20th June 2019 at MIDDAY
- Notification of Digital Selection (are ONLINE ONLY): 28th June 2019
- Receiving Day for wall hanging works: Saturday 27th July 2019, 10am - 5pm
- Selection Days: Sunday and Monday, 28th and 29th July 2019, 9.30am - 5pm
- Notification of results of selection (are ONLINE ONLY): 30th July 2019, on the SWA website
- Collection of unaccepted/ANH work: Thursday 1st August 2019, 10am - 5pm ONLY
- Delivery of 3D work to the Mall: Monday 23rd September 10 am – 1 pm TBC
- Preview Evening: 24th September
- Private View: 25th September, 10am to 8pm
- Exhibition Open: Tuesday 24th September at 4.00 to Sunday 29th September 10am to 5pm daily, closing at 1.00 on Sunday 30th September
- Collection of unsold work: Saturday, 5th October 10am - 5pm
To find out if you have been successful you will need to log back on to The Mall Galleries website on the 28th of June.