Share this page on your social media...Click on an icon above to automatically upload to your own social media account
The SWA 2020 Open Exhibition
10am - 5pm
The SWA 2019 open exhibition will take place in September this year from the 23rd September.
Digital submission are open from the 6th March and will close at noon on 26th June 2020.
Successfully selected works need to be delivered to the Mall, along with a print out of your online submission form on an A4 sheet on the 27th of July. Please do not use staples or tape on this form because it must be photocopied during processing. N.B Works that are digitally pre-selected are not automatically accepted for the exhibition
Submitting digitally enables artists to submit works for initial consideration without transport and framing costs. If you do not want to submit digitally you can take or send the work on receiving days (Not Sculpture). This is on the 27th of July. You will need the entry schedule if you are not going through digital selection. ONLY use the blank entry schedule if you are not going through digital selection.
Works delivered for selection must be exhibition ready, but with no fixings at all to the back because fixings damage other works when stacked. Details are available to you in our information and general terms on SWA website. Please do read them prior to entering.
ALL 3D Artwork
For 3D and Sculptural work it is single stage digital submission/selection process only. Artists must go on line for results to the digital selection and for final selection results. If successful you will be contacted about timings for bringing work in.
Submission Fees for non-members is normally £15 per work payable at the time of registering online, or £8 per work for artists aged 35 or under.
A list of successfully selected work is put up on the SWA website on the 30th July Any work not selected must be picked up on the 1st of August.
Open Exhibition Dates
- Online Submissions: 6th March – 26th June 2020 at MIDDAY TBC
- Notification of Digital Selection (are ONLINE ONLY): 3rd July 2020 TBC
- Receiving Day for wall hanging works: Saturday 25th July 2020, 10am - 5pm
- Selection Days: Sunday and Monday, 26th and 27th July 2020, 9.30am - 5pm
- Notification of results of selection (are ONLINE ONLY): 29th July 2020, on the SWA website
- Collection of unaccepted/ANH work: Thursday 30th July 2020, 10am - 5pm ONLY
- Delivery of 3D work to the Mall: Monday 21st September 10 am – 1 pm TBC
- Preview Evening: 22nd September
- Private View: 23rd September, 10am to 8pm
- Exhibition Open: Tuesday 22nd Sep to Sunday 27th September 10am to 5pm daily, closing at 1.00 on Sunday 27th September
- Collection of unsold work: Saturday, 3rd October 10am - 5pm
To find out if you have been successful you will need to log back on to The Mall Galleries website on the 28th of June.